Reflections on Teaching with Technology


TEACHING WITH TECHNOLOGY


        Taking this course has opened my eyes to the different types of ways we can view and use technology in language teaching. I learned that there are both advantages and disadvantages to certain types of traditional or Web 2.0 technology that can be used in a classroom setting. As a language teacher, becoming familiar with the type of students you have, the different types of technology, the advantages and disadvantages to each technology, and how you can use them effectively will prove to be the key to a successful teaching and learning experience. I learned how to work with several tools, such as Google Slides, Padlet, Mentimeter, Wordwall and Kahoot. Familiarizing myself with the different tools and what I liked and did not like about each, will help me as a teacher to make decisions that best suit my teaching style, my students, and the location of teaching.

Comments